Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to storing and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting provider. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a glance at these. Doing so, you can elect what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to run a site, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by given providers, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a particular stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely untrue interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allot the workload between autonomous hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different web space hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific vendors provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is appropriate if you would like to share an enormous quantity of pictures with chums or acquaintances since the service is commonly free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to managing your mail addresses. Some distributors offer web space hosting services for websites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you would like to create an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to utilize as many video files as you desire without bothering about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to keep a website. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Duty Free Hosting, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that allow you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in a single location. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for specific content exclusively.